5 Ways to Wear It: The Denim Shirt
I LOVE being able to get tons of mileage out of my wardrobe. In fact I made sure my closet is significantly smaller now than it was when I was in my 20s which is great because it forces me to do more with less. There is no such thing as wear something only once in my book ;)
So let’s take a staple—like the denim shirt—one of my wardrobe faves and let’s style it five different ways.
1. Denim on denim. No longer a don’t, this matchy-matchy mix of denim is SUCH a do right now. The key to making it look like fashion and not a fail, is to vary your washes.
As seen on Charlize Theron…
2. With shorts. Playing with balance and lengths makes for a more interesting outfit, so pair your long sleeve denim shirt with a pair of leg-baring shorts.
3. Take a walk on the wild side. One great thing about denim is that it goes with just about anything. So talk a walk on the wild side and pair your covers-your-assets length top with a pair of art deco-inspired bottoms.
As seen on…Rihanna
4. Cover it up. Take the itsy bitsy teeny weeny bikini from the beach to lunch by pulling on your faithful denim button-down as a cover up. Not only will you look fashionable, but you’ll also have one less thing to pack in your suitcase.
As seen on Anna Lynne McCord…
5. Boho chic. Channel your inner gypsy and pair your denim top with a maxi. This is also the perfect outfit for times when you may need to camouflage belly bulge ;)
As seen on…Drew Barrymore
See more denim shirt options in the widget below: