No matter the season, allergies suck. But since fall is upon us, a season that like spring causes many people to suffer from allergies, let’s focus on it here. I mean, what’s the point of getting into all the fall beauty trends if it all just gets ruined by “allergy face”. Blech.
Zyrtec and beauty expert Rebekah George have teamed up with actress Kate Walsh to help allergy sufferers of the world look their best even when the worst of allergy symptoms attack. I attended a press event hosted by Zyrtec and got the scoop straight from Rebekah. Here’s what she had to say:
* ZYRTEC starts working at hour 1 on the first day you take it, and provides 24 hour relief.
* Sleep with your head elevated with an extra pillow or two. The elevation helps drain fluids from your face so skin and eyes are less puffy in the morning.
* Store makeup brushes in a sealed bag to prevent dust from setting in or wipe them off with a tissue after each use to reduce contamination.
* Be sure to apply your makeup next to a window. The natural light will help prevent you from applying too much makeup. You don’t need to go overboard on makeup to combat Allergy Face – the key is less is more.
* Stash two spoons in the fridge at all times. Take them out and place on top of your eyes whenever your eyes are puffy. The metal from the spoons holds in coldness longer so you get better results than using cucumber slices.
* Rim your inner lids with a white pencil to help brighten up eyes and wake up your face.
* Avoid irritating your eyes by applying mascara just to the tips of your lashes – it gives you the look of an open and defined eye with less risk of upsetting eyes.
Thanks, Rebekah! For more visit youtube.com/zyrtec.