Xtreme Lashes: My First Thoughts

Read ALL about my review process including how I take swatches, photos, and more here.

I am a huge fan of lashes. They open up the eyes and take your entire makeup look to new levels. What I don’t like though is those horrible, end of the broom stick, Mr. Snuffleupagus/Janice from the Muppets type lashes.

Good thing it’s against the skill set of the people at Xtreme Lashes to give you awful lashes like those. What they will do though is take a good look at your face, eye shape, and ask you questions about your lifestyle before recommending a set of lashes for you. You can go from natural yet pretty to full-on diva and if you’re feeling extra funky, they even have blue and green lashes.

When Xtreme Lashes contacted me to try out their lashes and tell you guys about my experience, I was already in front of the lash salon days in advance waiting for my appointment agreed.

What are Xtreme Lashes?
Xtreme Lashes® is a process where single synthetic strands of eyelashes are applied one by one directly to your individual eyelashes with a medical grade adhesive by a certified Xtreme Lashes® Eyelash Extensions Stylist for a natural look and feel. Many of our favorite celebrities have this procedure done and rave about it because of the way it opens the eyes and shaves time off makeup prep time.

I went to Cheri at Lash Boutique located at 246 Fifth Ave in Manhattan. Cheri is an Advanced Certified Lash Technician and former Xtreme Lashes trainer which means she’s the business. Not to mention she’s super sweet and willing to answer all of your lash question before, during, and after your application. And isn’t she the cutest thing you’ve ever seen?

Cheri of Lash Boutique NYC

Cheri explained that Xtreme Lashes come in a variety of lengths and thicknesses. What makes Xtreme Lashes different than “those other lashes” is that a certified Xtreme Lashes tech attaches them to your lashes one by one using varying lengths depending on your eye shape and desired results. The medical grade adhesive used to apply them (which by the way “those other lashes” typically don’t use) comes after spending millions of dollars on research to ensure that they both make the lashes last as long as possible and that the adhesive doesn’t irritate the eyes.

The variety of Xtreme Lashes available in numerous lengths and thicknesses

Xtreme Lashes work on the most sparse lashes to curly lashes and everything in between. If you’re a woman of a certain age and have experienced lash fall-out as part of the aging process, you can also find symmetrical bliss with a pair of Xtreme Lashes.

How long do they last?

They can last indefinitely with touch-ups every 3-4 weeks.

What were my results?

My bare lashes before my Xtreme Lashes application

My lashes with mascara (Chanel Inimitable Intense). Pic taken for a review I did months ago

Click to enlarge

I love! At first I wanted something natural but like 30 seconds into my application I told Cheri to go nuts as long as I didn’t go home with green lashes…lol. She said she chose this shape for me because it follows the shape of my natural eye. It’s like she knew one of my favorite style of lashes are MAC #20s (because of the cute wing tip at the ends). She’s like a lash whisperer, basically.

I’m wearing 95 lashes per eye.

I planned on doing up my eyes more to show you guys better after pics, but I’m having the LAZIEST Saturday ever. I did have to wind up putting on some face powder and liner just now because the after pics I took yesterday were a mess since I took them post-nap…lol.

I’ll be sure to share my thoughts as they wear on. I was able to wash my face as I normally do but was sure to be careful when I got to my eye area (although Cheri says she has clients who swim regularly and wear Xtreme Lashes without any issue). I noticed that when applying liner (the only thing I could muster to wear right now in my laziness) I was able to get both pencil and liquid liner on without interfering with the lashes. The icing on the cake though is that I can’t “see” the lashes or “feel” them unless I’m looking in a mirror and directly touching them. Sweet!

How much do Xtreme Lashes cost?

Prices for the initial application can range from $250-$550 with touch-ups (every 3-4 weeks) about $125. Although I didn’t pay for mine, I had every intention of skipping a few makeup purchases to try them out before the company contacted me.

Where can I get Xtreme Lashes done near me?

If you’re in NYC, you can contact Cheri at Lash Boutique 1.877.6LASHES (527437) or 347.417.6004.

In Queens, contact Rajni at Aveda Natural Look Salon in Queens Center Mall 718-271-7299.

Everywhere else, check out the Xtreme Lashes Certified Lash Stylist locator here.

*************************************
Stay tuned for my Xtreme Lashes updates!

What do you think of my lashes? Have questions? Leave them in the comments.

Tagged , ,

23 Responses to Xtreme Lashes: My First Thoughts

1. TheFabChick says:

They look great, and still look natural to me!

2. Bianca says:

Ohhh I love Danielle! Definitely an investment. Your lashes are wonderful too

3. Joanne_ says:

i think it is gorgeous! very expensive though, i’ll have to pass.

4. Danielle says:

New blog post: Xtreme Lashes: My First Thoughts: http://bit.ly/gXe2cS

5. Danielle says:

New Blog Post: Xtreme Lashes: My First Thoughts http://bit.ly/dEPq30

6. Kendra says:

Danielle, your eyes look gorgeous! Your lash stylist did an excellent job. I’ve tried Xtreme lashes a few times. I liked them. They really do last. I think they’re a great option for long lasting natural lashes.

7. RT @StyleNBeautyDoc: New Blog Post: Xtreme Lashes: My First Thoughts http://bit.ly/dEPq30

8. RT @StyleNBeautyDoc: New blog post: Xtreme Lashes: My First Thoughts: http://bit.ly/gXe2cS

9. We're thrilled to be featured on The Style and Beauty Doctor's website!! http://fb.me/Vy7Bq0pi

10. Meena says:

I absolutely love your lashes! I have been meaning to get them but I want it to be for a special occasion. I only wonder how they would do on my lashes. I have very curly lashes and some that grow in every which direction. Sometimes I literally cannot avoid mascara touching my eyelid because the lashes curl so much. Putting on fake lashes is even more difficult because they really are meant for straight or slightly curved lashes. Oh well, maybe Xtreme-lash is the answer to all my troubles.

11. Judy Sultan says:

Check out the @xtremelashes love we got from beauty queen @StyleNBeautyDoc! http://bit.ly/foOfDj

12. OMG, your lashes are giving me major life! I’m obsessed with long, full lashes but I’ve always been afraid of extensions looking too fake and creepy, but these look gorgeous. I may have to treat myself on my bday to some lashes.

13. Nancy says:

Hi Danielle,

Your lashes look GREAT! Wow! On ocassion (my birthday or New Year) I would wear the 7’s from Mac but these lashes take the cake. I will be trying them for my friends wedding. I am a bridesmaid. That will be my trial run through for my own wedding next year. LOL! They look “wow” but natural. That’s the best type of any enhancement. LOL!

14. Pingback: My Xtreme Lashes 2 Week Update | The Style and Beauty Doctor

15. Blossom says:

Hey, Danielle.

Your eyes look gorgeous.

Can you please tell me what liner you used?
    Also, how do you do your brows? Wax? Tweeze? Thread?

EAGER TO HEAR BACK! :o)

Hey Blossom!

In all of the pics except for the “after one month” ones (where I have some glitter liner), I’m wearing Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Zero on both the top and bottom waterline, then Urban Decay Liquid Liner on the top over the Zero. In the “after one month” pic with the glitter liner, I’m wearing Xtreme Lashes GlideLiner™ Long Lasting Eye Pencil and Wishful Blinking™ Eyeshine (see my review here: https://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor.com/2011/03/xtreme-lashes-glideliner-long-lasting-eye-pencil-and-wishful-blinking-eyeshine/).

I get my brows threaded by a wonderful woman named Rajni whose diligent hands work at the Aveda Natural Look Salon in Queens Center Mall here in NYC. I don’t dare touch them even when Rajni is on vacation. I don’t normally need brown pencil except I’ve been using it lately because while on an extended vacation with my family in Georgia, my brows needed a little help so I went to salon who did a decent job, so I went back again a week later (my hair grows fast) and made the mistake of not going to the same person so the new person took out too much hair. So Rajni’s been getting them back to how she usually has them so I’ve been using MAC Brow Pencil to fill in the spots that are all of a sudden slow to grow back since my blunder with the brow place in Georgia.

Wow—I was totally long-winded there…lol.

Hope that helped you :)

I have a post on brows here as well: https://www.thestyleandbeautydoctor.com/2010/06/all-about-brows/

16. Pingback: Lash Boutique on The Style & Beauty Doctor «

17. Pingback: Lashes & Waxing, My Pre-Vacation Glam | The Traveling Kidd

18. I have an independent contractor applying extreme lashes in our salon. She is having problems with the glue setting up. She said the room has to be 65 degrees to get the glue to set up correctly. She said she is doing redos because lashes are falling off clients. Is there another technique to this. I can not believe the environment temp has to be so low. We are a wellness center and have a lot of oncology patients and I can not keep the salon at 65 degrees. HELP. Is there certain people who are more problematic due to their life style. I know if they are very active and sweat a lot , they fall off, or rub eyes. Is there a list of clientele who would not be a good fit for these?