Why Yes, That IS Me in Essence Magazine with the Salacious Idris Elba

OK–so maybe I’m not with Idris Elba (although I’m totally open to that—uh, if you’re reading this Idris, call me!!!) but I am on page 36 of the November issue of ESSENCE magazine! When someone from the magazine contacted me back in August I damn near jumped out of my skin. Like ME? They want ME to submit style pics? Then I realized, wait a minute, I don’t exactly take many pictures of myself so I ran to Brooklyn to my friend Nas of Nasilele Photography to have a mini shoot. See me and Nas go back to our college days when a meal plan card was way cooler than say an Amex.

Anyway, there I am in ESSENCE! It was hot as the dickens out in August when I took the pics, but had to wear fall clothes since it was for the November issue. I’m sure the people of Bed Stuy who saw me out on the streets might have thought I was nuts, but this is what we professional models have to go through, ya know.

I kid! Model schmodel.

My homies Misha of TheFabChick.com and Alissa of StylishCurves.net are also featured. Hollaaaa!

I also wanted to share some of the other pics Nas took of me. She and I have worked together at a number of weddings and she’s just awesome. I love her photography style and so do her many clients. If you’re getting married (or know someone who is), need head shots, want to capture your little one, or just want a personal photo shoot, definitely contact her. She does travel if you’re outside the NYC area so just contact her to discuss. Visit her site at www.nasilelephotography.com for more info.

And most importantly, thank YOU to everyone who visits this site everyday! As any blogger will tell you, it’s tough putting yourself out here in these internet streets but I’ve had nothing but positive experiences because of all of you who come by and visit, leave comments, and email me. Thanks! Love youuuuu! If you’re ever in NYC, hit me up, we’ll have wings :D

A former finance girl, Danielle is a New York City based freelance writer and fashion and beauty expert. She's a Hofstra University and Fashion Institute of Technology grad with an obsession with fashion and beauty which she loves to tell you all about every weekday on her award-winning blog. Think of her as your style and beauty entourage all wrapped up into one bubbly brown package. Danielle's work and expertise can be found in print and across the web in Cosmopolitan for Latinas, StyleBlazer.com, and more! She's also appeared as an on-air style expert on CBS New York's "The Couch" and WPIX11's Savvy Shopper segment.
Tagged ,

76 Responses to Why Yes, That IS Me in Essence Magazine with the Salacious Idris Elba

1. New blog post: Why Yes, That IS Me in Essence Magazine with the Salacious Idris Elba: http://t.co/7ACy4KyV

2. *editor’s note: Idris Elba did not propose to me

3. Haha! RT @StyleNBeautyDoc: New blog post: Why Yes, That IS Me in Essence Magazine with the Salacious Idris Elba: http://t.co/p1DPqk5M

4. Nicol D. via Facebook says:

I have to get this issue!! Yay!!

6. Tiffany Nelson via Facebook says:

Congratulations <3

7. Tiffany Nelson via Facebook says:

Oh nvm

8. I AM in the magazine though. Just not anywhere near Idris. Unless one considers page 36 close enough to the cover…lol

9. Tiffany Nelson via Facebook says:

Lol ya after I post I read where it said he didn’t propose I said oh shoot

10. Nesh says:

Congrats Danielle, girl you look “super fly” I love the touch of leg you’re giving em lol & your color blocking is killing me, love it!

11. Go head danielle you look SUPER cute! RT @StyleNBeautyDoc: New blog post: Why Yes, That IS Me in Essence Magazine: http://t.co/cania0BA

12. jihan says:

Yes girl! you look fab and your smile is amazing! woo hoo!

13. lol—but keep hope alive for me, Tiffany…lol

14. Shaïla Sahaï via Facebook says:

Ah ah ah!!!

15. Shaïla Sahaï via Facebook says:

And congrats!!!

16. Wowza. Hot! RT @StyleNBeautyDoc: New Blog Post: Why Yes, That IS Me in Essence Magazine with the Salacious Idris Elba http://t.co/WbfQvU5v

17. TheFabchick says:

You pics look awesome!! :-)

18. Mzri says:

Awwww you look awesome!
    And I’ve been meaning to tell you what a number this site is doing on my bank account. Right after you posted about leather jackets, I just had to have a new one lol. And now I need nude suede shoes and a leather skirt.

Hey now, make sure you don’t go suing me! lol

Thanks so much! What kind of leather jacket did you get? #imnosy lol

• Mzri says:

Don’t worry, the way I’ve been swiping I couldn’t afford a lawyer to sue you anyway lol.
        I got the leather jacket from the gap with the fabric panels. It has a stand up collar and the sleeves are actually long enough! I had to go to a few different gaps to find it in my size but I got it and I love it.

19. Jennifer says:

OMG, Danielle! You look great! And I’m so proud of you and your work. I remember when you first started this site. Hands up if you remember MyUrbanGlamour! I’ll always be a loyal reader and fan. :)

20. Awesome!!! You look so great in the pic, I can totally see why he proposed :-)

21. Danielle says:

22. aoki says:

23. Why Yes, That IS Me in Essence Magazine with the Salacious Idris Elba http://t.co/R5PZ1orS by @StyleNBeautyDoc

24. Allie R. says:

25. GOOOO Dani & @stylishcurves RT @stylenbeautydoc: Why Yes, That IS Me in Essence Magazine with the Salacious Idris Elba http://t.co/Pi3J6GXH

26. Go head danielle you look SUPER cute! RT @StyleNBeautyDoc: New blog post: Why Yes, That IS Me in Essence Magazine: http://t.co/cania0BA

27. RT @StyleNBeautyDoc: New blog post: Why Yes, That IS Me in Essence Magazine with the Salacious Idris Elba: http://t.co/GWo2ZIOi<stunna!

28. New blog post: Why Yes, That IS Me in Essence Magazine with the Salacious Idris Elba: http://t.co/7ACy4KyV

29. Milly says:

30. Andrea says:

You better work!!
    Love the outfit and way to show off the stems!

31. Thanks, Emily! RozzieNecole–haha! Guess I better start working on my British accent…lol. thanks!

32. Dionne says:

Soooooo proud of you, Baby Sis!!!! You look maaahh-vel-ous!!! Just don’t forget to tell them you know me and I taught you everything you know! LOL! :)

33. Gigi says:

Danielle, I lurve everything about this. The ‘hur’, the clothes, the peek-a-boo Essence mag in your hand, not to mention the swag. I Love it and i’m so happy and proud of you. Big things love, big things ;)

34. Claudette Gray says:

So proud of you, mi hija. Your photo is beautiful. I can see where you got your beauty!!!! And the fro looks good too.

35. Temi says:

So happy for you :)
    Your legs look amazing. II wish I could wear high heels..properly…you should host a class..I’d go and pay..seriously
    I especially love pic #5! Beautiful!
    That’s Ruby Woo right? I just mght have to get that color. Really.

Girl, those heels I’m wearing came off soon after the shoot…lol. I only keep heels on for a short period of time before I’m changed into flats.

Thanks!!! The legs are courtesy ExerciseTV…lol. Yep, it’s Ruby Woo and you HAVE to get it. It would look SO GOOD on you, Temi!

• Temi says:

Ok I will.I recently ordered Runaway Red from Gone but not Forgotten..can you do a swatch comparison of the two when you can? Oh and what do you line your lips with when using Ruby Woo or you dont?

36. Bukky says:

Yay Danielle! Heeeeey legs!!!!
    3 of my faves in one place … Essence, Idris, Style & Beauty Doc.

37. Dee says:

That’s awesome!!! Congrats!!!

38. Pingback: Rollin with my homies……..aka link love | Lipstick Fashion Mascara

39. Raijean says:

Yeah buddy, sooo proud of you! You look great!

40. Joanne_ says:

Love it all!! Congrats Danielle! And you look gorgeous in purple!

41. Bhoranie says:

You better WERK Danielle! Gorgeous pics!

42. OMG, Danielle, CONGRATS! You look amazing in the pics – I see you working those legs, girl! LOL! You’re so deserving of all the great things coming your way! :)

43. Dobe says:

CONGRATS! You look awesome! Love the color combo… and where could I pick up a pair of those legs? :)

44. Pingback: My Style | The Style and Beauty Doctor

45. Pingback: Timberland Women's Earthkeeper Boots | The Style and Beauty Doctor

46. florence says:

I love ur smile nd want 2 look like u danielle

47. Pingback: Oops! I Shaved the Side of My Hair... | The Style and Beauty Doctor