What’s the Deal with the Pearlessence Brand?

Just as things typically go with beauty products and social media, here I was just a few months ago minding my own business and drinking my water thinking I had all the skincare products I needed. Then I started following @misscandiceb and her beautiful, pristine skincare product shots starting sucking me in. I started to zero in on one product in particular: Pearlessence Coconut Water Hydrating Mist. It looked so chic and although I’m not really into facial mists, I felt like I immediately needed it. I googled the brand and found a number of stories about it being a $7 facial mist found at T.J. Maxx and Marshall’s. It was sold online but at the time it was sold out.

Some time later—I don’t know, maybe a few weeks later—I randomly decided to check for it on tjmaxx.com and they had it! Well, they had the Rose Water Hydrating Facial Mist and not the Coconut Water one. They also wanted $8.95 shipping but I got around that by signing up for their email newsletter. A few days later, my two bottles of Pearlessence Rose Water Hydrating Facial Mist ($6.99 each) arrived neatly packed. I guess maybe hype got me, but I temporarily forgot that I do not always love floral scents. I wasn’t really found of the rose scent. I hadn’t thought much about the brand again until my homey Arnette from Round the World Girl sent me pics of her Pearlessence finds at her local Marshall’s. When I tell you the way my thirst shot all the way up. In a matter of like three days, I visited three Marshall’s and three T.J. Maxx stores AND I also placed an order on tjmaxx.com for four more items (Rose Hip Oil facial oil, Argan + Vitamin E facial oil, and an Aloe + Charcoal face mask). I DIDN’T NEED ANY OF THIS STUFF THOUGH. *face palm* It’s like a mix of the fact that this stuff is relatively inexpensive (items I’ve bought are around $6-8 each) and they’re hard to find which makes this like a big adult Easter egg hunt for skincare…lol.

But I have been curious about the brand’s origins—I mean, I DO almost have a dozen of their products. So I did a very quick Google search and found that Pearlessence is a brand owned by Jocott Brands, a company that started in 2009. When I was googling to see who else sold their products, it looked like Urban Outfitters sold their products at one point. You can also get Pearlessence products directly from the Jocott Brands site, but they’re at their regular price. You can also find them on Amazon from a variety of sellers, but also at regular price (and also a few seem to be above the regular price). I tried to reach out to someone whose LinkedIn profile said they worked for Jocott but got no response before the posting of this email. I also a few days ago tried to email their customer service but the email bounced back to me. I even left a message on their customer service line a few days ago as well, but no one has gotten back to me yet, so it still remains a mystery.

There are any number of reasons as to how products land in retailers like T.J. Maxx and Marshall’s. Sometimes brands make too many of an item that don’t sell so they wind up as discounted gems found at your local stores. Other times there might be a very slight irregularity which can be something as simple (yet not so simple for the brand…lol) like a misprint. And another of the many reasons could be that a brand decided to discontinue a product line and sells off the excess through a TJX brand. I have no idea what the case is with Pearlessence as none of my attempts to contact were answered, but I can speculate that perhaps the company is going through some sort of restructuring. It’s not like I’m some random weirdo poking around their offices after hours or something…lol. I’ve been blogging for almost 11 years, have written for major magazines, and shoot, I even have a verified blue check on both Twitter and Instagram…lol.

If I hear more, I’ll update this post, but if you know anything, leave me a comment.

So now into these products.

To be honest, I mostly bought them because the idea that they were harder to find and my thirst got the best of me. I’ve only really used the Coconut Water Hydrating Mist (which I love but the bottle is made of glass so I only use it in the house) and the Aloe + Charcoal cleanser (pretty good—nothing extremely amazing about it but it definitely wasn’t bad). I LOVE the look of the packaging which is what lured me into this brand in the first place along with the TJX price tags (for comparison the Coconut Water is $20 on the Jocott Brands site and was $6.99 at TJX). As I actually wind up trying things, I’ll be sure to share my thoughts so make sure you subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss it.

If you’re looking to buy some products, your best bet might be to order online at the T.J. Maxx site but if you don’t mind a little hunt, look at several of your local T.J. Maxx and Marshall’s stores, but of course inventory will vary by location.

Have you tried any Pearlessence brands? If not, would you? Tell me in the comments!

Tagged , , , , , ,

23 Responses to What’s the Deal with the Pearlessence Brand?

1. Dre says:

I use the Rosewater spray from the Pearlessence line and have been for a while! I get it from my local TJ Maxx. I’ve been wanting to try the Cucumber Water, too. I never thought to research the brand, I just assumed it was a cheaper alternative to the Herbivore brand. Be sure to post your results as you find out more!

2. Nia says:

Thank goodness this wasn’t a rave review! ? I’ll stay tuned to see if you end up loving any of these.

3. Ariana A. says:

I always see these and I’m always curious because they look like a knock off of Herbivore products.

4. Leza says:

I have picked up a couple of their items. I’ll start using them once the weather warms up.

5. Anonymous says:

Hi Danielle, how many oz is for $6.99 at TJX please?

6. Pingback: Pearlessence Sea Spray Beach Waves Texture Mist – Glam Love

7. Beth says:

Hi! I started using the Pearlessence Radiance Serum almost a month ago and love it! I am in my early 40’s with fairly sensitive skin. It seems to smooth out any problem areas and makes my skin feel soft and supple! Definitely worth a try. For the price you can’t afford not to!

8. christine morales says:

Hi there! I had to pop on here to put in my 2 cents on these products. lol I actually just stumbled upon this review after looking up pearlessence coconut face mist becuase I just picked up the coconut Rose Face mist and not sure if I like it as much as the coconut face mist. I received basket of amazing products for my birthday last year mind you, and after using the pearlessence coconut face mist every single day, sometimes multiple times daily no lie I just now exactly 1 year later ran out! ? I would use it every single night after either showering or even Just washing up before bed and removing makeup etc. my skin has never felt better, or looked healthier. And it never caused me any sort of breakout ever! I Just love the smell and everything! Now if only I could find that one again instead of this Rose one! Haha
    I think I give this product an A++ for not only quality but also quantity! Lol hope this helps

9. Kelli Miller says:

Answering the question from anon… You get 8 fl oz of facial spray per bottle.

I’ve used it ever since I purchased it and I like it. I bought it after reading the Kardashians love a good hydrating facial mist.

10. Anthonia says:

I recently bought the argon + vitamin e oil after stumbling across it at Winners, the packaging is what drew me in (dusty pink glass bottle) and I absolutely love it! It smells amazing and keeps my face hydrated. Will definitely try to buy more of their products

11. Alexandra says:

I have the Pearlessence Pink Clay + Rose Petal Soothing Mask, I got it at Marshall’s for a $1, it’s an amazing find to have in your skin care collection. When using it, I found out that there’s a lot of product in here for a 4 oz. jar. I’ve used it probably 10-15 times already and I’ve barely even used an ounce of it yet. It helps absorbs the oils that are on my face and it smells amazing.

12. Leslie Battle says:

Total fan… I have probably 30 of their products… I scout every tjxbrands store… The Aryan one smells divine… I love the mists… The radiating serum is more viscous than the oil…I am dying to try the gold mask…I must find the cucumber must somewhere…I’d buy the hair products but I’m bald. I’m a woman just ridiculously bald… Without hair, brows and lashes these products let me still futz in the bathroom… Huge fan…the packaging…sweet

13. My younger sister got me hip to their brand! I was looking for something to give me the dewy look snd she recommended the Coconut Rose face oil to me. We also went to TJmaxx abd picked it up. Great find for $5.99! I had the Coconut Rose face oil for a while now and had no idea just how great it was or researched the company until now. Very impressed. Definitely have to try more of their products like the rose water!

14. Lana says:

Hello! I came across this blog post when doing a general search for this brand because my local Marshall’s had TONS of products by this brand and I was intrigued, mainly because from a far they look like Herbivore products. I have been dying to try herbivore oils but they aren’t in my budget at the moment. Anyway I noticed that the products sold at Marshall’s had slightly different packaging… the bottle of serum I got was not transparent, just white. As to where online it looks like most of their oils and serums come in a clear, transparent bottle. I’m skeptical still because I’ve only used the serum I got one time which was today and I’m not sure what I think yet. I got the 24K Gold Peptide Infusion Illuminating Serum. The packaging reminds me a lot of the Farsali 24K Gold Oil. Sadly I haven’t been able to find ANYTHING on this particular serum online… which is also strange to me. I’m definitely going to go to a TJ Maxx next to see if I can find more of the oils and serums because I’m so curious!

15. Kathryn says:

Hello,
    I’ve worked at T.J Maxx for almost four years now, and I believe that the brand pearlessence is made for T.j Maxx and Marshall stores. It is supposed to be a knock off of Herbivore products. I’ve noticed they have done this a lot lately even with jewelry replicating Cartier.

16. Nicole says:

I am wearing the pearlessence 24K gold mask as we speak and it smells so good. A little goes a long way and you get a good amount of product . I bought it at TJMax (it was my first trip there) and bought the mask which came in a jar and it came with a peptide facical serum that has other stuff in it which help the skin. I got the box which was reduced to $8.00 , I recommend it.

17. Suzanne says:

CUCUMBER! The cucumber is the most amazing scent. So light. I’m obsessed. Whenever I see it I get every bottle. The coconut and rose waters can’t compare in my opinion. Though I have those as well. I use them to set my makeup in the morning and a spritz after my moisturizers at night. Works fantastic ?

18. Kunjal says:

Hi, so I used to work at Winners and I now remember seeing other jocott brands namely 40carrors, valjean labs and argan magic there too. Maybe there are more in the natural/organic items that I haven’t even looked at. And surprisingly all the jocott products end up at tjmax stores, it’s a little suspicious now that I think about it.