So this is a SUPER old post and I’ve since updated how I cover beauty for darker skin tones. Make sure you check out this category of posts here for more info!
I got an email the other day from Tasha, 22 from Atlanta, GA asking what are the best makeup colors to flatter her deep chocolate skin. Well, Tasha, bright, vivid, pigmented hues combined with washes of neutral tones look beautiful on deeper skin tones. Now, don’t let the bright colors scare you, when perfectly pigmented, they give darker skin a healthy glow–not an 80s extreme look. Check out these pretty shades for skin, cheeks, eyes, and lips:
1. Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer $30 in Chocolate 18 at Sephora 2. Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer $30 in Ebony 20 at Sephora 3. Make Up Forever 5 Camouflage Cream Palette #4 $36 at Sephora
4. Make Up Forever Face & Body Liquid Foundation in Ebony 48 $38 at Sephora (The secret is all in this top-selling formula. This waterproof, ultra-light, water-based gel contains no emulsifiers and provides a totally natural, satin finish. Ideal for normal skin-types as well as for fine lines and large pores. Gives skin a uniform tone without accentuating imperfections. A makeup artist’s favorite.)
5. Make Up Forever Liquid Lift Foundation in Cognac 17 $41 at Sephora (This extremely light fluid imparts an instant “tightening ” effect that smoothes fine lines and wrinkles as it tones and refreshes the complexion. Excellent for dry and mature skin types, the finish is natural and glowing.)
6. Becca Stick Foundation in Walnut $38 at beccacosmetics.com 7.Becca Stick Foundation in Chocolate $38 at beccacosmetics.com 8. Becca Stick Foundation in Molasses $38 at beccacosmetics.com 9. Becca Stick Foundation in Espresso $38 at beccacosmetics.com 10. Becca Fine Loose Finishing Powder in Nutmeg $39 at beccacosmetics.com 11. Becca Fine Loose Finishing Powder in Cocoa $39 at beccacosmetics.com 12. MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NW50 $21 at MAC
14. NARS Blush in Exhibit A $25 at Sephora 15. NARS Blush in Gilda $25 at Sephora 16. NARS Blush in Taj Mahal $25 at Sephora 17. NARS Blush in Crazed $25 at Sephora 18. MAC Blush in Frankly Scarlet $17.50 at MAC 19. MAC Blush in Fever $17.50 at MAC 20. NARS Eyeshadow in Can Can $22 at Sephora 21. NARS Ey
eshadow in Fuji $22 at Sephora 22. NARS Eyeshadow in Lulu $22 at Sephora 23. MAC Eyeshadow in Embark $14 at MAC 24. MAC Eyeshadow in Espresso $14 at MAC 25. MAC Eyeshadow in Humid $14 at MAC 26. MAC Lipgelee in Mega $14 at MAC 27. MAC Lipglass in Desire $14 at MAC 28. MAC Lipstick in Full Fucshia $14 at MAC 29. NARS Lip Laquer in Zou Zou $24 at MAC 30. MAC Lustreglass in Decorative $14 at MAC 31. MAC Lip Pencil in Chestnut and Vino $12.50 at MAC
As I mentioned above, this is a VERY old post—please check out these posts for more product reviews, makeup tips, and more for darker skin tones.