NARS Blush Guide for All Skin Tones

From the comments some of you left on my Facebook Fan NARS Giveaway (which by the way ends tonight at 11:59 PM EST), there’s a population of you cuties who haven’t tried a NARS Blush yet. I hate to be all dramatic and what not, but I’m about to be all dramatic and what not: YOU’RE MISSING OUT!!! LOL. If a phobia of blush is what’s stopping you, stop it right now and read Blush 101 for some tips. If not being familar with the line is giving you pause, then I’ve put together a list of blushes perfect for every skin tone. What I love most about the NARS line is that it contains super pretty, super pigmented, and totally wearable shades (many of which come in matte finishes so those with skin texture issues can find a blush that doesn’t highlight their imperfections) for every single woman on earth. Every one. And I’m willing to place a bet on that claim, too…lol.

Even if you’re a beauty on a budget, set aside $5 a week for a month and when the end of the month comes at least walk out with Orgasm, the line’s award winning shade that looks good on damn near everybody whether you’re Nicole Kidman or Alek Wek.

Most skin tones can blindly pick a shade of NARS Blush and it will look great. I myself switch between Taos, Exhibit A, Mata Hari, Mounia, Gina, Gilda, Sin, Orgasm, Outlaw (which seems to be sadly discontinued), Taj Mahal, Amour, Desire, Dolce Vita, and Torrid and I’m a MAC NW47. And a blush fiend as it seems.

Anyway, here are some suggestions below on what to try first for your skintone. You may find that you can wear additional shades that aren’t listed below (because that’s what’s so great about NARS Blush) so feel free to check out Blush 101 for tips on how to find your perfect shade of blush.

Tips on using this guide:
1. I would never get a single post completed in a timely manner if I were to list each and every beautiful shade we women come in, plus some colors work on a multitude of skin tone variations. When looking through this guide, go for the skin tone category that closely matches your skin. If you’re still stuck, contact me.
2. If NARS isn’t in your budget, still use this guide to help you decide which colors look best on your skin tone so you know what to look for with other brands.

Fair skin (Nicole Kidman) Orgasm, Oasis, Zen, Nico, Madly, Dolce Vita, Gina

Medium Skin (Sarah Jessica Parker) Deep Throat, Orgasm, Desire, Ninotchka, Oasis, Sin, Torrid, Sertao, Mata Hari

Light Olive Skin (Kim Kardashian) Orgasm, Deep Throat, Torrid, Desire, Sin, Silvana, Madly, Angelika, Gina

Olive Skin (Padma Lakshmi) Amour, Exhibit A, Gilda, Gina, Lovejoy, Taj Mahal, Taos, Dolce Vita, Mounia, Orgasm, Torrid

Tan/Golden Skin (Jennifer Lopez to Beyonce) Lovejoy, Luster, Orgasm, Mata Hari, Desire, Dolce Vita, Angelika, Torrid, Sin, Taj Mahal

Caramel Skin (Halle Berry to Queen Latifah) Orgasm, Taj Mahal, Exhibit A, Torrid, Taos, Dolce Vita, Desire, Mounia, Lovejoy, Gilda

Dark Skin (Nia Long to Gabrielle Union) Exhibit A, Mounia, Taj Mahal, Orgasm, Dolce Vita, Desire, Gina, Taos, Torrid, Amour

Deep Skin (Kelly Rowland to Alek Wek) Orgasm, Exhibit A, Taj Mahal, Mounia, Taos, Desire

Tagged

47 Responses to NARS Blush Guide for All Skin Tones

1. Pingback: Danielle

2. Pingback: Danielle

3. Pingback: Marilyn Berger Kanes

4. Pingback: nsnettles

5. Hannah says:

Oooohhh! Thank you SO much! I have been wondering about this for a while!

But what about NARS brozers? I think I am medium. Should I go with Laguna or Casino?

Actually, I am trying to decide between the Orgasm/Laguna duo and the Sin/Casino due.

Hannah—so sorry for the late response! For some reason your comment sat in my spam box :(

Anyway, it depends on what look you’re going for. If you want more of a tanned look, go for Laguna. I love NARS bronzers and multiples so def go for Orgasm/Laguna. My friend Lianne aka The Makeup Girl had the Orgasm/Laguna duo on the other night and it looked FAB.

Let me know what you wind up getting!

6. Celia says:

Hai, i’m Celia. my skin shade is NC 37 what probably do you think, what is my skin yone? light olive or olive or tan/golden skin? i’m so confuse. btw, sorry for my stupid english thx

Hey Celia! Your English was just fine :)

You could go for olive and then the tan/goloden as it gets warmer out. What I love the most about NARS blushes is that many of them look great on all skin tones :)

Keep me posted on what you wind up getting if anything!

7. E.C. from D.C. says:

Guess I fit in near queen latifah shade but the hotter it gets and the more I’m outside i’m closer to Nia by the end of the summer…..great suggestions.

8. kai says:

What do you think about Deep Throat for deep/dark skin?
    What would your TOP 3 fave blushes be for deep/dark skin ?

I like Deep Throat as a pretty highlighter as I tend to love brighter colored blushes on my cheeks. Like right now I\’ll do a bright blush on the cheeks and a highlight shade on the tops of the cheekbones. Sooo pretty :)

My top 3 NARS are Exhibit A, Taos, and Mata Hari. But also love Illamasqua Tweak, MAC Dollymix, and Cargo Key Largo at the moment but have quite a few blushes I use in rotation. Basically the brighter the blush the better it shows up on deep/dark skin :)

9. Pingback: Ayanna Wilson

10. Pingback: Krissy

11. Brittney says:

I'm trying to decide which blush i should get from nars, i'm a nc 50 in mac, and i wanted something that was peachy or pink. I'm trying to decide between amour and desire. Which one do you think would be the most flattering on my skin tone?

Hey Brittney!

Both blushes will look hot on NC50 skin. Amour is more peachy and Desire is more pink. You can\’t go wrong with either one actually. What color blushes do you already own?

• Brittney says:

The only blush I own and use is mac's raizin. I have a few other ones but I don't really use them because they don't show up well on me. I've just really started getting into blush and I have a hard time trying to figuring out which colors complement my skin tone.

The darker the skin, the brighter the blush. You can\’t really go wrong with most NARS blushes on darker skin tones. If you can get both, I say get them both since you don\’t wear many blushes yet. I\’d also recommend Exhibit A (looks scary in the pan but looks gorgeous on the skin) and Taos—super hot on NC50 skin.

12. xania says:

hello love, how about nars luster on nc 44/ gold in bobbi brown skin tone? will it show well? i already own nars taj mahal, its nice and orange which warms my face up but it darkens to a redish orange after it oxidised. what do you say about luster, i want that peachy pink golden look like beyonce in this video women like me ( the part where the light comes on. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UijzEZ-qZwk. would luster help me achieve that if i use it for countouring?

Hey Xania!

You can use Luster to get that nice golden sheen Beyonce has in that video, but if you want pink to be more apparent, use a pink-coral blush like Illamasqua Tweak underneath and then Luster to highlight. Let me know how this works out :)

13. NARS Blush Guide for All Skin Tones by @StyleNBeautyDoc via http://tinyurl.com/354xhel – An old post, but this was helpful! :D

14. ChAnTeL V says:

RT @streniece: @CupcakenTeeze RT @stylenbeautydoc: NARS Blush Guide for All Skin Tones http://bit.ly/b62Z7Q«~*hides cheekbones*

15. Danielle says:

From the Vault: NARS Blush Guide for All Skin Tones http://tinyurl.com/354xhel

16. Amber-Fash says:

17. Love this!! Been a Nars Girl for years!! RT @StyleNBeautyDoc: From the Vault: NARS Blush Guide for All Skin Tones http://tinyurl.com/354xhel

18. Zee says:

My color in MAC is NC 42 and I have a hard time picking out blushes for my skin tone. I’ve never tries NARS before, but I’ve heard good things.

19. Alexis says:

I’m a little late to this post, but I just wanted to thank you for putting this post up. Ive been having a lot of trouble trying to figure out what my MAC liquid founation actually is, right now i have 2 bottles of NC50 that make seem as if i am wearing a mask (or possibly dead) and about a week ago I just got matched to NW50. So im slighty confused as to what NARS blush would actually work on, any suggestions would be great?

Hey Alexis!

Never late on this blog!

Look for blushes in this guide from the dark and deep category. Brighter colored blushes while they can look scary look BEAUTIFUL on NW50 skintones. Reach for bright oranges, pinks, plums, and reds.

Let me know how this works out for you :)

20. kandi says:

Thanks a lot I am new to wearing blush and this has helped. Also it helps me because I want to become a makeup artist.

21. Shanayah says:

Sorry to comment on a late post but I was wondering where I would fit in I don’t know whether I’ll be caramel skin or dark skin. I don’t have a MAC shade because they can never correctly place me but I think nc 45 is to light and nc 50 is too dark. But in MUFE HD foundation I’m shade 173. Do you think you can help me?

22. @bhumika_t says:

NARS Cosmetics Blush Guide..find the right Nars blush for your skin tone with this guide….. http://t.co/eMK6Q4ZbuN

23. Rayi Mandari says:

Hi! Your blog is so helpful! (sorry for my english.)

Please advice me, what do you think for NARS LIQUID BLUSH that would match me the best? I’m olive skin, i’m stromboli girl and Luminous Silk 6.5. I’m kind of intrigued by the hype of Orgasm. But i don’t want to be trapped just because it’s the #1 Nars blush. I want the shade that match me best. Please i need your advice. Thanks before :)

Hi Rayi!

Out of the NARS Liquid Blush shades, I would say Torrid is nice for a more subtle look and Dolce Vita would be pretty for something a little bolder. You can layer them for more intensity or sheer them out with powder to tone them down though. There’s also the Hot Tin Roof liquid blush that would look nice (it would be an even bolder look for you) but it’s limited edition.

Hope this helps!